Honest to god, I have never heard more disrespect in my life.
Of course, I find my self in the hallways of East York Collegiate, and I hear a group of people who were discussing sexuality. Of course, it was a mixed-gender group, and of course, seeing them talk about this, gave me an idea to spark my mind, and something to talk about. This group looked like a tight group of friends, in my observations. They were talking about how, in their opinion, they could never see themselves being with someone of the same gender. Of course, I don't mind this, because we are all entitled to our own opinion and point of views; but what I heard further into the conversation, it just full on turned me off.
Girl #1: Ugh, I could never see myself dating another chick, It's so wrong.
Guy #1: I know, and being with a guy, f---. I don't want to be no fag.
Now notice my emphasis on fag. The way that this guy said it, I honestly wanted to hit him. Sure, you're not for gays or whatever, but must you bring them down with derogatory terms like fag? It's honestly just disrespectful, and rude. I don't give a damn if your yourself would not be gay, but you need to just deal with the fact that there are people who are not straight, and that they are different. So, people just need to be more open-minded about things.
Continuing to the conversation, which was the brighter side of things.
Girl #2: I really don't care-- does it really matter?
Ah, the brighter side of the conversation-- the real respect, and the more open-mindness to the fact that people are different.
Good lord, will people soon bee accepting of different? Who knows.
- JILL
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I completely agree with you. So what, not everyone is the same. People just have to get used that and not put others down with rude comments.
ReplyDeleteNot everyone is the same in anything. It's a sign of immaturity and close-mindedness that, unfortunately, does not only belong with the young.
ReplyDelete