Okay, so I'm not the type to be eavesdropping on conversation-- It's not quite my personality, but of course, for this assignment, I was forced to make an exception. I was having trouble finding people today, so, I found the perfect oppourtunity; my sister was on the phone with her friend, not moments ago, and I decided that it would be simple to follow along with the two of their conversation. First off, I was my sister's friend had to cancell her tutoring, for what reason, I have no idea. My sister responded with, "that sucks" which was definitley a pretty bland response, in my own opinion. Then, my sister's fried was talking about how she had a broken toe, and my sister questioned on how long it would take to heal, and she responded with "six weeks." Of course, this conversation in my opinion was very bland, nor did it have any substance. Although, knowing my sister, she isn't the greatest conversationalist; but what I do know is that she could have easilly allowed the conversation to push further. If she didn't just end it quickly with a quick, "I think I'm going to let you go now." Ugh. This was a very bland and boring conversation, and I think that it could have definitley have potential and all of that.
SIGNING OFF,
- jill
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Interesting template. :)
ReplyDeleteA phone conversation is one-sided and doesn't count. There is a reason for this exercise. It's not really about eavesdropping but about observation. Writer's need to be observers of people and situations. :)
Oh my gosh, I didn't even realize.
ReplyDeleteSORRY!
and thank you, I found the template online.