Sunday, February 15, 2009

INAMATE OBJECT.

Alright, so after a long time of contemplating, I chose a coffee table:

DAY ONE:

So, here I am. Sitting in the middle of the empty living room of the home of the Anderson's. It's definitely a place where nothing too special occurs. The whole family comes and goes, and it leaves me with the possessions of their lives-- or the proof of their lack of lives. Today, I believe that it was more of a lower point in the Anderson's lives, seeing as they left me to be a complete mess. They decided to have take-out for breakfast, and so, they come home, littering my top with gross, disgusting, greasy, take-out bags; and of course, they don't even bother to clean it up! I mean, how inconsiderate can you be? But other than that, I was petty much left alone for the day-- and It's something that you might enjoy for a little bit, but after awhile, it does tend to get a little bit lonely, do you not think? Then came the coffee cup. Oh god how I hate that bloody coffee cup. All It's good for is staining my wood, and for the love of god, could it get any more messy? Plus, in this bloody household they don't even bother cleaning it up, they just leave it be to get all gross as well as sticky.

That's even worse.

Then, the feet go up on top of me. That just drives me absolutely crazy. I don't mind when it's the kid's feet, because they tend to know the definition of taking their shoes off. But the father, he needs to learn to take them off AT LEAST if he's going to lay his feet on the top of me. It's called common courtesy people, and it's clear that some people that I am associated with do not know the definition of that. Of course, this is humans that we are talking about, not civilized members of the furniture family, oh no.

I guess that is all for now.

DAY TWO:
Now, there is a lot more that I can say about my life, but of course, it's terrible boring at the moment. All that I have going for myself is that I get a chance to stare at the ceiling for most of my life, as well as the television screen staring right at me. Of course, it is extremely depressing that as I continue to waste my life away, allowing the litter that the Anderson's have produced to pile up on top of me; to realize that I have done absolutely nothing with my life. I have allowed myself to just wither away into nothingness, and let the family that I have serviced for pretty much my whole life just treat me like a boring old coffee table. One may think that they are treating me just as I am. BUT I REALLY AM NOT JUST A BORING, BLAND COFFEE TABLE! I have things that make me special, that make me important as a person. I think that you need to know that I am something that you should certainly value. Not just something that you can walk all over. Oh gosh, the Anderson's have come home, and it doesn't look pretty. They just came back from shopping, and of course, they have of a ton of things to put on top of me, to weigh me down even more than I already am.

This is absolutely pathetic. Even though I am a coffee table, I think that they should have it so that they make it seem like I matter to them, and that I am not just a regular old coffee table to them. Unless... That's all that I am. Then, that just me feel really, really sad. I hope that they are aware that I have feelings too! Even though I am not able to express them like a regular person, they should still realize that it is what it is, even though it may not be something that THEY are particularly used to.

Honestly, now I am more hurt than ever.

DAY THREE:
So, today was definitely interesting, I must say. Me and the chair which resides right beside me, we had an interesting debate on which was worse: coffee stains, or the fur balls from the cat in between the cushion. Of course, It was I who won, because well, I am pretty much the best at debates. And just between you and me, diary, I think that the chair can't argue for his life. Of course, I could never tell him to his face, because, I guess that I am a coward like that. Of course, the couch had to intervene, and tell us to shut up. Although, I wouldn't going to blame him, we can definitely get a little bit heated, as well as loud. Of course, I wish that he would but out of it a lot for the time, and it would make things a lot easier for my life.

The stupid cat decided to walk all over the top of me, and I wish that I could just kick that thing in the rear end. I'm not even joking here. Of course, being a coffee table, I am pretty much unable to do that, which is something that I do not like about my life. Of course, once you think about it, even though you wish that you were mobile; soon it will be realized that you will do a hell of a lot more damage if you could walk, and do things to other people. Which is why, after thinking about my life, and what occurs during it, I have come to terms with the fact that I am generally happy in the place that I am... No pun intended. Plus, if I were able to do the things that humans do, what would differ me from a human then? Exactly. These are the things that you think about when you are in one place your whole life, you tend to get a better sense of things.

Well, farewell.

DAY FOUR:
Oh dear! It seems that the couch is finding itself a new location.... downstairs. Honestly, I feel no pain knowing that he will not be here to interrupt mine and the chair's conversation. I am actually quite glad that we will be able to converse and chat in peace, which is something that gives me a positive sense of mind. Myself and the chair had another interesting chat today, this one during when our owners were sitting in between us, watching the television (which is someone that I do not have a problem with- he tends to keep to himself a lot). Now, the chair and I are very good friends, and I really do enjoy talking to him. We were discussing the behaviors of humans, and how they might just interact if they knew that we could interact with them. Although it was a conversation which was short-lived; it opened my eyes to a lot of things (which is another reason why I love to have chats with the chair).

The cat is being a nuisance once again. I just finished saying that he needs to leave me alone, and possibly instead of sitting on top of me, that he sits under me? If he understood that it would be something that I would like, he would probably make my relationship with him a lot better than it already is. Of course, with me and Tommy, (the name of the Anderson's cat) we have more of a love-hate relationship. Which definitely goes both ways, as a matter-of-fact. I sometimes would like to kill the thing, but sometimes, I just can't help but love that adorable little kitty cat. I guess that Tommy loves-to-hate me as well, at least when I am yelling at him to get off of me, when I am in a bad mood.

But anyways, back to my day...

I didn't have much of an eventful day... I mostly sat around, conversing with the people around me. The lamp and I got into a bit of an argument, but we get over it eventually; he can be such a hot-head sometimes (no pun intended)! But otherwise, their isn't too much that happened that I really need to talk about, or possibly get off my chest. So, I guess that I am off for now.

Cheerio!

2 comments:

  1. A diary is not addressed to anyone except the "person" writing it; so who is this "you"? Choosing a coffee table is challenging as there is no movement or variety. Endless ranting does not make for an interesting story. How about some interaction with other furniture, pets, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much better and very entertaining. Edit your writing. :)

    ReplyDelete