Audience: Teenagers 13-17
Like a cloud in the summers day, I close my eyes and wish away.
Full days pass, in just a few minutes. You're eyes gaze at me, and
then you vanish. I hold your hand, just to let it go. From day
to night, your life makes gold. When you think, you often forget.
Although the brilliant times are often met.
You use these times to often hide away, although dreams and reality,
will eventually fade away. The magic is hidden in the truth, when
the night is young.
Then you find youself waking up, to a world that is surreal,
and once you let your mind run free, you realize that all that life can be,
is just a realistic dream.


I thought it was a very nice poem, but I wasn't sure what kind of rhythm to follow because it was written in paragraphs.
ReplyDeleteThis reads more like prose than poetry.
ReplyDelete