Wednesday, April 1, 2009

to believe is the important thing

When it started to rain, oh gosh, I didn't even know what to do.

Well, maybe I am just being a little bit over-dramatic, but it ruins my hair. Of course, being a hairstylist, I tend to care a hell of a lot about my hair. Nevertheless, I just wish that I could find a ride to get home, or somehow I could figure out how to get my legs to move to my apartment building. Of course, as I move desperately to get to shelter, I realise how soothing the rain could be, and I just stopped for a moment, letting it hit my bare arms- even though it made the hair on my arms stand up I didn't care, it just felt good for the very first time to finally feel the rain on my skin.

The boy that was standing behind me, he looked no older than seventeen also seemed to be enjoying the rain that was falling on top of the city of Manhattan. He seemed to be embracing it, just as I was- but he brought this huge joy to the rain that I myself could never possibly experience. It was pretty uplifting to see someone seeing such joy in something that normally seems to dreary and drab. I guess that some people are a little more optimistic than I, which I figure would be pretty easy, because I tend to be a very pessimistic person.

"How do you do it?"

I had to ask. it was something that was bothering me for the moment that I was standing here in the rain, not-so alone.

"How do I do it?" he responded, with question in his eyes. "It's simple, I just relax and believe."

No comments:

Post a Comment